Winchester Action on Climate Change (WinACC) works to cut the carbon footprint of Winchester district, creating lower energy bills, healthier lifestyles and stronger communities. We are local residents, businesses and policy-makers, working together to tread more lightly on the planet.
WinACC helps people save energy in their homes and businesses, save money and keep warm in winter. We press for better public transport, we support sustainable renewable energy, large and small, and we work closely with the local councils to support the emerging low carbon economy.
Together, we can create a better future.
There are lots of ways to get involved, coming to an open meeting, volunteering to help at a single event, starting a Cool Communities group and more. Find out more here.
We meet four times a year on Saturday mornings at 10.00 for 10.30-12.00 at St Lawrence Parish Room, Winchester, SO23 9LH. These meetings focus on action.
We meet four times a year on Tuesday evenings jointly with Friends of the Earth Winchester at 7.15 for 7.30-9.15 at various central Winchester locations. These meetings focus on important issues and campaigns.
We hold other events too. Everyone is welcome to all our open meetings. See the events calendar for dates and topics for all our meetings.
As well as getting involved, sign the WinACC pledge and become a member of Winchester Action on Climate Change.
WinACC action groups engage people on topics they feel strongly about, to contribute to achieving WinACC's priorities.
WinACC is a registered charity which relies on donations from individuals, organisations and charitable trusts.
If you can, please make a donation to help support our work.
- Executive Director vacancy closing date noon on 7 April 2017. Details.
- WinACC needs (1) an accountant to prepare our annual accounts and (2) an independent examiner to check them. The roles are advisory and a modest reimbursement is foreseen. Full details. Contact our Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunities for interns are sometimes available. At present we have no intern vacancies.
- Volunteering in the WinACC office At present we have no vacancies
Find out more
- The office team
- Our annual plan 2016-2017
- Our draft annual plan 2017-2018
- Our publications
- WinACC's structure - a diagram (under review)
- WinACC management
- Trustees - who they are, meetings, Strategy and Policy Committee, etc.
- Accounts and annual reports
- The legal stuff
Our address is WinACC, Main Campus, University of Winchester, Sparkford Rd, Winchester SO22 4NR (map). If you visit, please go to the University’s reception and ask them to ring us.
WinACC is funded by the University of Winchester, Winchester City Council, donations from individual supporters, and grants for projects. The accounts give a list of funders.