Winchester Action on Climate Change (WinACC) works to cut the carbon footprint of Winchester district, creating lower energy bills, healthier lifestyles and stronger communities. We are local residents, businesses and policy-makers, working together to tread more lightly on the planet.
WinACC helps people save energy in their homes and businesses, save money and keep warm in winter. We press for better public transport, we support sustainable renewable energy, large and small, and we work closely with the local councils to support the emerging low carbon economy.
Together, we can create a better future.
There are lots of ways to get involved, coming to an open meeting, volunteering to help at a single event, starting a Cool Communities group and more. Find out more here.
We meet on Saturday mornings on alternate months at 10.00 for 10.30-12.00 at St Lawrence Parish Room, Winchester, SO23 9LH. In the months between, we meet on Tuesday evenings (joint with Friends of the Earth Winchester) at 7.15 for 7.30-9.15, Venues vary so check the events calendar.
We hold other events too. See the events calendar for dates and topics for all our meetings.
As well as getting involved, why not sign the WinACC pledge and become a member of Winchester Action on Climate Change Limited?
WinACC action groups engage people on topics they feel strongly about, to contribute to achieving WinACC's priorities.
Local climate change groups across the district are always keen to hear from anyone in their area.
WinACC is a registered charity which relies on donations from individuals, organisations and charitable trusts.
If you can, please make a donation to help support our work.
Find out more
- We are inviting applications for unpaid posts as trustees and Vice-chair, closing date 31 August.
- We have no vacancies for paid jobs or internships at present
- Opportunities for interns are sometimes available. At present we have no intern vacancies.
- Volunteer with WinACC
- The office team
- Our publications
- WinACC's structure - a diagram
- WinACC management
- Trustees - who they are, meetings, Strategy and Policy Committee, etc.
- Accounts and annual reports
- The legal stuff
- Contact us by email, or ring 01962 827083. Our address is WinACC, Main Campus, University of Winchester, Sparkford Rd, Winchester SO22 4NR (map). If you visit, please go to the University’s reception and ask them to ring us.
WinACC is funded by the Hampshire County Council, University of Winchester, Winchester City Council, donations from individual supporters, and grants for projects from several trusts and the Department of Energy and Climate Change. The accounts give a list of funders.