Interactive Transport Quiz Answers
1. If you buy a railcard, how many off-peak trips would you have to make to London to recoup the cost?
The answer: 3 - You save £10.35 on each trip and the card costs £28 per year.
2. Which has the lower carbon footprint: the new Citroen C3 internal combustion car, or a Nissan Leaf electric car?
The answer:The Nissan leaf...but only just, if you use grid electricity. According to Which?Car The Nissan Leaf accounts for 81 g/Km if it is recharged on standard mains electricity. The new Citroen C3 claims 93g/Km.
3. Where can you get the new bus timetables due in October?
The answer: HCC Information and Guildhall tourist information - both have the new copies of the timetable
4. If you got rid of your car, you’d need to take a taxi once a month to the supermarket four miles away and hire a car 4 week-ends and a fortnight a year. What would this cost you?
The answer: £1015.43
5. How much did it cost to run your four-year-old car worth £6,000, with MOT, insurance, and fuel to drive a modest 2,500 miles?
The answer: £2906 - according to the AA: