GreenHomeDiary.com – one family’s attempt to reduce the footprint of their house
Green Home Diary is about Rob & Sue Veck’s experiences towards living more sustainably.
"Our first goal is to reduce a CO2 and Energy consumption in our house by 80%."
Read more to find out more about the project.
- The Kyoto agreement is to reduce emissions by 80% in 2050.
- Heating accounts for 47% of the UK’s CO2 emissions and 60% of average domestic energy bills
- The Heat and Energy Saving Strategy consultation document proposed the following goals :
- 2015 – all lofts and cavity walls insulated
- 2020 – seven million homes to take up a “whole house” package going beyond simple insulation.
- 2030 – all buildings to have received such a package
How is this to be done ?
"Clearly it's not easy. So, the site aims to show the visitor how different approaches and technologies are adopted so that others can do likewise and hopefully learn for our mistakes that will no doubt be made along the way. We also hope that others will contribute their experiences to the greater benefit of other visitors."
Visit Green Home Diary