Donate to WinACC
Do you want to play your part in reducing Winchester District's carbon footprint? Can you help fund WinACC's work?
WinACC relies on donations from individuals, organisations and charitable trusts to fund its work. A regular monthly donation is a great way to support us as it helps us to plan our work more effectively, but we are also very grateful for any one-off donations that we receive.
Ways to give to WinACC
There are many ways that you can make a donation to WinACC.
Make a regular donation
- download a standing order and gift aid form and send it to us at the address below (we need paper copies because the bank needs your signature)
- set up a regular donation using Local Giving, with the option to add gift aid. This saves us and you papaperwork.
Make a one-off donation
- Debit or credit card - On our Local Giving page, and make an online payment by credit or debit card, with the option to add gift aid
Text - Text 70070, quoting code WACC12 followed by the amount you'd like to donate, e.g. WACC12 £5. The amount must be £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10. You will have the chance to add Gift Aid.
Cheque - Send a cheque, made payable to Winchester Action on Climate Change, to the address below, with a gift aid declaration if applicable.
- Bank transfer - contact us for our bank details and complete a gift aid declaration if applicable.
Our address is Winchester Action on Climate Change, Main Campus, Uiversity of Winchester, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22 4HR.
However you give, thank you very much!
Give when you shop online
Join Give as you Live and turn your online shopping into donations for WinACC at no extra cost to you.
Give when you search the web
Search the web using Everyclick.com and raise money for Winchester Action on Climate Change for free
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can use Gift Aid to increase the value of your donation without paying a penny more yourself. If you are a higher rate taxpayer, this will also enable you to reclaim a rebate on your donation via your self-assessment tax return or tax return.
Please read our guidance before completing a Gift Aid declaration.
How donations are used
We have lots of ideas about how to cut Winchester district's carbon footprint. We aim to raise £50,000 a year for these priorities:
- Energy saving
- Renewable energy
- Services to supporters and communities across Winchester district
How much we can do depends on how much money and time we have.
- £1,200 (£100 a month for a year) could fund home energy advice to help people to cut their footprint
- £600 (£50 a month for a year) covers the cost of our newsletters for a year
- £120 (£10 a month for a year) meets the typical expenses of an intern on a 3-months placement
- £60 (£5 a month for a year) pays the advertising costs of a year's open meetings
- £24 (£2 a month for a year) hires a room for a local group launch.
We'd like to have the flexibility to use your donation wherever it's needed most. If you want your donation to be earmarked for a particular purpose, please let us know.
How donations are acknowledged
Unless you ask us not to, we will:
- List your name (but not the amount) in our Annual Report, if you give more than a small sum
- Send you our regular e-newsletter “WinACC News” once or twice a month (if we have your email address).