We can provide your business with a Waste Audits Service.
Audits are a great way to help you measure the effectiveness of your current waste management systems. They can be carried out on any type of waste e.g. office waste, commercial and industrial waste and municipal waste.
Businesses may want a waste audit for any of the following reasons:
- Understand cost of waste removal to the business
- Reduce these costs
- Meet sustainability and recycling targets and ethical policies
- Reduce costs upfront in over-buying
- Influence procurement policies
- Reduce your business’s carbon footprint
Ideally a waste audit would entail a full audit of all the bins to understand if the current policy is being complied with, e.g. recycled products going into the correct recycling bins. It will also identify issues such contamination of recycled waste.
Each type of waste would be categorised, weighed and recorded. This data can then be used to calculate the following:-
- Progress towards meeting targets for waste
- Recommendations for change
- Current carbon footprint of waste
- Cost of current waste removal
It is a good idea to carry out waste audits regularly in order to allow you to monitor improvements. A WinACC waste audit will provide advice on areas of continuous improvement such as:
- Segregation of waste
- Preventing production of waste in the first place
- Raise awareness in the organisation of the importance of managing waste
- Positive messaging around improving recycling rates
- How procurement policies impact on recycling waste
The key to reducing your waste is positive organisational and staff engagement. We have a wide range of experience in working with groups and individuals on supporting positive change as seen as from our project ‘The Great Waste’.