The Winchester District Low Carbon Board (LCB) – previously known as the Climate Change Programme Board – was first set up as the High Quality Environment Group of the Winchester District Strategic Partnership.
WinACC, via our Executive Director, is the Secretariat of the LCB.
The LCB’s aims are:
- To provide leadership for the community of the Winchester District in meeting agreed targets for carbon reduction;
- To drive forward the implementation of Winchester’s Low Carbon Programme as set out in:
- Portfolio Plans;
- The Winchester City Council Strategy;
- The Economic Strategy;
- The Route Map to a Low Carbon Economy;
- Twelve Actions for a Lower Carbon Council, and other relevant strategies or corporate plans as approved by Members of the City Council.
- To provide a sounding board for the City Council on relevant legislation, funding opportunities, good practice and local application of carbon reduction technologies.
The LCB Core Members are:
- Winchester City Council, Portfolio Holder for the Environment (inc Transport)
- Winchester City Council, Portfolio Holder for Business Partnerships
- Winchester City Council, Shadow Portfolio Holder for the Environment
- Winchester City Council, Shadow Portfolio Holder for Transport
- Chair of Winchester Town Forum
- Winchester City Council, Corporate Head (Regulatory)
- Winchester City Council, Corporate Head (Engagement)
- WinACC trustee or other nominated representative
- Hampshire County Council Energy and Futures Team nominee
- Hampshire County Council nominated Member representative for WinACC
- Chairs of any active task and finish groups or workstreams established by the LCB
The LCB is chaired by the Winchester City Council, Corporate Head (Regulatory).
The Board meets bi-monthly unless specific issues require more frequent liaison.