Join us in campaigning for a sustainable Winchester.
There are lots of opportunities for you to reduce your own transport emissions and support positive change in Winchester.
- Respond to Council consultations about transport or about new buildings and developments. Suggest better facilities for walking and cycling, cleaner air and less pollution, good public transport, less parking in the city centre, and less traffic and congestion. Find out more about each of these.
- Find out about local consultations, along with suggested replies, by subscribing to WinACC News.
- Join WinACC’s Built Environment and Transport Action Group, and help present the case for making Winchester more sustainable
- Join Cycle Winchester, a local community action group, campaigning to make Winchester better by bike. They aim to create a better Winchester by promoting cycling as a convenient, healthy and inexpensive way to get around the city, as well as campaigning for improved provision for cyclists. In so doing, they strive to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in order to make Winchester a more enjoyable place to live, work and visit
Cut your own transport emissions
- Walking whenever you can – for example, there are many walkable routes around the City
- Cycling – it’s often quicker to cycle than to drive, as well as being good exercise
- Catching the bus where you can – although there is scope for more there are some good routes, and your fare helps keep buses running
- Cutting miles driven by sharing a lift, or join the car club so you only use the car when you need to [link] https://www.
enterprisecarclub.co.uk/gb/en/ programs/regions/south-east- england/winchester.html?&mcid= paidsearch:1738&gclid= EAIaIQobChMIvMGxx6qN3gIVCs53Ch 3dVAyNEAAYASAAEgIxvfD_BwE& gclsrc=aw.ds